Horizon is a leading destination management company operating since 1948, with offices in Athens, Greece. We are seeking Project Manager candidates to support the growth and demand for our destination management services in the French market. This is a high-energy, fast-paced role, working in our central office. There’s never a dull moment and we are known for our creativity, innovation and solid operations. We love what we do, and we are passionate about our business and our product. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, and work with a growing and innovative team in the heart of Greece.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work closely with the junior members of the staff to generate creative content for client proposals.
• Creative development and pricing of proposals and services for clients program.
• Ongoing client interaction and support if needed.
• Ensure that proposal timelines are met.
• Assist on-site at events as needed.
• Assist and support client site inspections.
• Continue to act as a liaison with operations during final program development and fulfillment.
• Booking and releasing of tentative holds for venues, vendors, and activities.
• Continuously and proactively define the program details with the client and our account executive to produce a complete contract of services.
• Ensure files are completed prior to turnover to operations.
• Construct attachments of contracts and deposit invoices as necessary.
• Maintaining an in depth knowledge of venues, restaurants, tour and activities in Attica and all the mainstream destinations (Rhodes, Mykonos, etc).
• Participate in overall team sales and marketing activities.
• Participate in and occasionally lead Nationwide Account Manager conference calls.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Excellent in English language
• Excellent in French language
• Fluent in Greek language
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Understanding of the hospitality/event/meeting industry and different roles and responsibilities
• Understanding the “mechanics” of a meeting and/or event so you can propose solutions to fulfill client’s objectives
• Knowledgeable of the local destination to include: the overall geographic area, hotels, restaurants, tours, venues, etc.
• Generate new and innovative ways to improve Horizon’s products and services.
• Proactively offer creative solutions / “think-outside-the-box”
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently on projects that require initiative
• Organization and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Willing to go that extra mile to ensure client satisfaction
• Positive attitude!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Min 2 years of related experience (DMC-specific experience preferred)
• Destination knowledge a plus
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
• Competitive salary
• Generous benefits package to include private health insurance and incentive/ motivational tools
• Constant training opportunities